We are looking forward to a busy fall this year with both our Power and House League programs running. For our programs to run successfully we need the assistance of volunteer coaches. If you would like to get involved in a fun and rewarding experience, we'd love to hear from you. Please fill out the form that coincides with the program you would like to get involved with.
Power Program: Applications due July 15th
Coaches in the POWER program must be prepared to dedicate a significant amount of their time for the betterment of their team. Ontario Basketball regulations mandate specific items and the PYBA enhances that direction with additional requirements. All requirements are designed to ensure that the players have a rewarding and enjoyable experience in this demanding program.
Coaches will be expected to be able to do the following:
1. Complete this application/information for PYBA records and for use by the Coach Selection and Recruitment Committee, Rep Coordinator and Technical Coach of Coaches.
2. Obtain a completed Vulnerable Sector Check prior to becoming involved with their assigned team.
3. Have completed coaching certification to the proper level, or have a clear plan in place to obtain before beginning of season.
4. Be prepared to conduct 2-3 practices per week. Games will take place as part of the Ontario Basketball League or arranged tournaments.
5. Be responsible for providing a safe and positive basketball experience for all players selected to their team.
6. Maintain a team budget (based on Club policies) and live within it.
7. Work with Skill Development Coaches
8. Attend Coaches Clinics
We are expecting to return to a more normal House League season this coming year and will need to have volunteer coaches for all house league teams. We anticipate house league will run from the end of September to mid December. Coaches will be required to attend one weekend game and one weekday practice during the season. All coaches will need to provide an updated Vulnerable Sector Police Check before the start of the season. And all coaches will be required to provide a fun, safe and enjoyable basketball experience for their teams.