Hello PYBA Community,
As our world slowly opens up, many are reaching out to determine whether we will be running any programs. Our PYBA Executive met last night to discuss and voted to not run any indoor programming between now and spring.
I know this news will disappoint some, but please know we did not come to this decision lightly. Our overriding concern is for the health and safety of our PYBA community. At this time we feel the unknowns surrounding COVID remain too great, especially with the new UK variant being introduced into our community earlier this week. We also did not have a complete comfort level with available facilities in terms of sanitization and limiting players from other red or orange zones.
While we will not be running any indoor programming at this point, we will be working hard to create and modify our programs to start as soon as conditions allow for it. This may include outdoor programming if returning to appropriate indoor facilities isn’t viable. We are in discussions with various stakeholders to determine and evaluate all the options for delivering versions of our Little Ballers, House League, and Power programs.
We do miss seeing kids on the courts and we’re looking forward to getting them back in action when we are confident that we can do so in a safe way.
We appreciate your continued support and understanding.
The PYBA Executive